Why Insurance is a Great Career
We are growing and looking for bright, innovative professionals like you to join our team!
At Haylor, Freyer & Coon, we believe that talented, caring people make all the difference. If you’re interested in joining one of the top insurance teams in the region, and an agency ranked among New York’s best companies to work for in 2014 & 17, we’d love to hear from you. Feel free to browse the listings below or contact our Human Resources Department, which is located in our Syracuse Office.
Watch this video and see our Employees describe the corporate culture
Since 1928 we have proudly built HF&C into a leading national broker with nearly $32 million in revenue. Over 89 years, we have uniquely invested in technology, education and industry resources to aid our associates in achieving their full career potential. HF&C has more than 180 dedicated and innovative professionals in approximately 6 offices across the New York State, all with their own talents and success stories. HF&C is recognized nationally as a top 100 Agency and is recognized as a “2014 Best Place to Work in NY State” & “2017 Best Place to Work in Central New York” Join our team based, problem solving environment and become an employee owner.
Account Manager Associate
Due to the continued growth Haylor, Freyer & Coon Inc. is recruiting for an Account Manager Associate position for our Syracuse headquarters. This position provides key day to day contact with our client support and insurance processing activities. We are looking for a motivated individual that is willing to develop business insurance expertise while working with the commercial lines sales and account management team. HF&C provides a full suite of excellent benefits.
- Focus on providing exceptional service to our clients.
- Support Account Managers day to day activities.
- Effectively use the HF&C Quality Management System to guide operational activities.
- Participant is special assignments as requested by management.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy as well as organization, self-starting, and relationship-building skills.
- Strong verbal and written skills, including the ability to present and express insurance concepts to non-industry personnel in laymen’s terms.
- Commitment to professional development and industry product knowledge, as evidenced by a successful, consistent achievement of industry designation.
- Positive personality
- Proven ability to organize and manage time in order to prioritize heavy workloads and to meet time sensitive deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Outlook) or similar software applications.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Experience: 2-5 years’ experience in an Account Manager or similar role
Commercial Business Account Manager
Experience an opportunity to work with HF&C’s diverse clients along side one of our agencies most successful risk management advisors/Vice President. As this division continues to grow, you have the opportunity to become the backbone of our Commercial Business Unit, handing a book of business with some of Central New Yorks largest and most innovative businesses.
The right team member will be looking for a career, not just a job. You will be focused on the needs of our clients, solving problems and consulting on risk management issues in conjunction with the lead producer.
Previous Insurance experience, including NYS Brokers License is required to properly advise and handle this position.
This is an opportunity for leadership and growth; servicing clients beyond typical insurance account management duties. This is one career opportunity you have to find out more about!
Since 1928, HF&C has provided opportunity for career growth, financial prosperity and a team environment centered around the culture of an Employee Owned Organization. Contact us today to find out why this should be your next career move.
We provide complete benefit package, highlighted by medical and life insurance, short and long term disability, wellness programs, section 125 benefits, 401(K) retirement plan and credit for vacation time.
Tom Sharkey, Vice President, Director of Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch this great video about why Insurance Careers make sense!
Current employees: Click here for the Employee Reference Center.