Tom comes to Haylor, Freyer & Coon, Inc. with first hand knowledge and experience working with Municipalities. Tom began his career working for the City of Elmira as an Assistant to the City Manager. In 1997, he started working for the Village of Johnson City, the 3rd largest Village in Upstate NY. During his tenure in Johnson City, Tom was responsible for overseeing the Villages health insurance plan, workers compensation program and all other group benefits. Additional expertise was gained in the workers compensation area while working for Public Employer Risk Management Association, the largest provider of workers compensations coverage to public entities in NYS.
Tom earned a Master’s Degree in Public Administration from Binghamton University with a concentration in Human Resource Management.
He has been very active in community affairs and associations.
- 2005 Served as the only non-Mayor on the Executive
- Committee of the NYS Conference of Mayors.
- Chairman of the Binghamton/Johnson City Wastewater Treatment Plant Board.
- President of the NYS Society of Municipal Finance Officers
- Currently Councilman for the Town of Union.
- Treasurer of the Broome County Association of Towns & Villages.