Federal and state laws and regulations generally prohibit us from sharing nonpublic personal, financial or health information about you with a non-affiliated third party unless we provide you with a notice of our privacy policies and practices, such as the types of information that we collect about you and the categories of persons or entities to whom it may be disclosed. In compliance therewith, we are providing you this notice about our privacy policies and practices.
THE INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
We collect and maintain your information so we can provide insurance brokerage services and sell insurance products to you, as well as process your insurance claims. In providing our various services, we may obtain certain non-public, personal, financial or health information. We may also use your email address to send you promotional and informational emails. You have the opportunity to opt out of receiving promotional emails.
The types and categories of information we may collect about you in the performance of services for you include:
- Information we receive from you on applications for insurance coverage and other forms to provide insurance brokerage services to you (such as your name, home address, social security, telephone number, financial information such as the fair market value of property you wish to insure, and health information);
- Information you authorize us to collect (such as health information for underwriting purposes) or information we are authorized or required by law to collect (such as medical records in a workers’ compensation case);
- Information that we generate to service your account (such as loss claim information);
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency such as motor vehicle and driver data, credit history, and employment information; and
- Information about your transactions with us and our affiliates such as your policy coverage, premium payment history, the premium you pay and claims information.
- This site contains links to other sites. Haylor, Freyer & Coon, Inc. is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites.
- This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. We use standard and accepted methods of securing our site and the machine(s) that serve the site to the public. We continue to monitor and review the privacy measures we use to protect customer information. These measures are updated as practices change and new technology becomes available.
INFORMATION AUTOMATICALLY LOGGED
- We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
INFORMATION SHARING PRACTICES OF HAYLOR, FREYER & COON
We may share nonpublic information about you HF&C, as permitted by law, to enable us to service and maintain your account and provide information to you about products and services of the agency. HF&C may collect data and other similar information of its customers and prospects and may use and share that data in our internal systems, such as sales management applications. These systems permit HF&C employees to access and process such data solely for the purposes of customer request completion, business administration, business reporting, statistical analysis and marketing of HF&C products and services. We may use your information in order to contact you and send you information about HF&C or about our products and services. Specifically, we may use your email address to send you newsletters about our products and services, company news and events or educational opportunities.
SHARING INFORMATION OUTSIDE HAYLOR, FREYER & COON
We do not disclose any nonpublic information about you to non-affiliated third parties, except as permitted by law. The circumstances under which disclosure to non-affiliated third parties is permitted by law include disclosures to insurance companies or insurance intermediaries to obtain any insurance coverage requested by you or to process insurance claims. The circumstances under which disclosure to non-affiliated third parties is permitted by law also include to our auditors, appraisers and legal advisors, in response to a court order, governmental authorities pursuant to legal process, to prevent fraud, and/or disclosures to authorized third party service providers acting on our behalf, that perform marketing and other services for us, such as electronic enrollment service providers, to other financial institutions with which we have joint marketing agreements, such as banks, securities broker-dealers, registered investment advisors, and insurance providers.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We take commercially reasonable steps to ensure that your information is kept safe from unauthorized access. We may use physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your private information and to assist us in preventing unauthorized access to that information.
To fulfill our privacy commitment, we take certain actions which may include:
- Adopting policies and procedures that put in place physical, electronic and other safeguards to keep your personal information safe;
- Striving to maintain the accuracy of your information and responding to any questions or concerns you may raise in its regard;
- Requiring third parties that perform services for us to have standards to keep your information confidential;
- Protecting information of our former clients to the same extent as our current clients.
Despite reasonable technological measures taken by us, technology can be bypassed and we cannot guarantee privacy of your information. You agree that we shall not be responsible for any loss, damages or liability arising from the information you provide to us in any way and you shall have no recourse against us, or any employee, officer, director, shareholder, agent or representative for such loss, damage, liability.
REQUESTS FOR YOUR INFORMATION and OPT OUT RIGHTS
To the extent provided by applicable federal or state law, you may have certain rights to access, correct or delete the information we have collected about you. If you wish to change or delete your information we may take reasonable steps to ensure your identification before making the requested corrections.
You can opt out of receiving any promotional emails that we send to you by sending an email requesting to be removed from the email list at email@example.com or by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email you receive from us.
OUR POLICY REGARDING DISPUTE RESOLUTION